View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Fitlet2 for PfSense 

Post Fitlet2 for PfSense
Hello everyone,,

I want to setup my own router (running pfSense) with a low powered device. From research the fitlet2 seems to fit the bill. However I have a few questions:

The fitlet2 comes with a WiFi adapter (Wireless LAN 802.11ac dual antenna + BT 4.2). I wish for this "router" mobdro.bio/ luckypatcher.tips/ www.kodi.bio/ to be able to function as a WiFi router as well. Would this option do it for me? I have a WiFi adapter at home (receiver). Can I reuse this to work as the WiFi transmitter if I don't buy the above option?

For a household with 5 devices connected max (with no VPN usage), what CPU would I need to get? Intel Atom x7-E3950 | Intel Atom x5-E3930 | Intel Celeron J3455 ? Or does it not matter?

The fitlet2 comes with Storage - I assume I need that for pfSense installation. If so, how much space would I need? Would there be any other need for storage (beside pfSense?). Any good use cases I'm missing that would require I buy extra storage?

For RAM it says: 1x SO-DIMM 204-pin DDR3L Non-ECC DDR3L-1866 (1.35V) - is this just plain DDR3 that I can buy from any shop or is this fitlet2 specific?

Would a Samsung S7 power adapter work for this router?

Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]