View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 USB physically disabled - how to re-enable. 

Post USB physically disabled - how to re-enable.
Hi,

I've picked up a pair of Fitlet2 devices from an old project, the person who worked it is no longer present so I'm pretty blind. One of these devices is completely dead - but the other is a bit more interesting. It works perfectly other than the USB ports are completely non-functional.

From what I can see on the motherboard, there has been some tampering going on to physically remove some SMD components - I suspect this device was public facing which is why someone brute-forced the USB ports out. This is both USB2 and USB3 ports.

It looks like the following SMD components are missing:
C31
C491
U27
C364
C482
U24
I think that's all, but I'm happy to provide high-res photos if someone think they know exactly what might've been done.

I believe U27 and U24 should be MIC2039EYM6 chips (power distribution), but I'm at a loss to what the other 4 components (capacitors??) should be. Is it possible to get values (sizes, ratings etc) for C31, C491, C364 and C482?

Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:20 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: USB physically disabled - how to re-enable.
Unfortunately company policy disallows supporting such cases.
It would be very difficult to assist with regards to an SBC that has been electronically tampered.

Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]