From fit-PC wiki
- 1 I can't turn on the computer, it doesn't wake up
- 2 I don't have any display output, there's nothing on the screen
- 3 fitlet2 Linux system periodically fails to boot after pressing power button
- 4 fitlet2 running Linux does not have a working audio out/SPDIF
I can't turn on the computer, it doesn't wake up
1. Check power supply (PSU)
- Make sure the DC cable is not damaged and connected properly to the machine.
- Make sure the AC cord is properly plugged to both sides (Wall mounted well plugged).
- Trying an alternative adapter could eliminate bad PSU.
2. Check memory (RAM)
- Verify RAM module is seated firmly in its socket.
- Try to eliminate faulty memory sticks by swapping it with one another.
3. Check Peripherals (HDD/SSD/USB)
- Unplug peripherals and try to power up with bare minimum, that includes HDD/SSD/USB devices.
- Verify power up without storage. Sometimes damaged drives may cause the overall system to malfunction.
4. fitlet2 BIOS reset
Reset BIOS default following the following procedure for fitlet2 revisions 1.2:
- Unplug power cable from the fitlet2
- Remove the 4x Phillips Chassis screws
- Remove bottom and top cover
- Remove the RAM stick
- Plug in power cable (should turn on automatically), and Wait ~10 seconds
- Unplug power cable
- Assemble back the RAM stick
- Press the RTC reset button.
- Plug power cable (should be automatically turned on)
BIOS settings should be reset to defaults.
I don't have any display output, there's nothing on the screen
1. Screen functionality and connectivity
- Make sure both power and display cables are connected firmly on both sides.
- Make sure the screen is turned On and is functioning.
- The best way to check screen functionality is by connecting to a good known working machine.
2. Validate memory
- Display issues on POST are a common symptom of incorrectly assembled or bad Memory DIMMS
- Please refer to Check memory RAM to diagnose Memory
- If your Linux system periodically fails to boot after pressing power button and messages like "watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#2 stuck for 23s!" appears, please do the following BIOS settings changes:
- Press [Del] during boot to enter BIOS settings:
- Set Chipset -> South Cluster Configuration -> SCC Configuration -> SCC SD Card Support to [Disable]
fitlet2 running Linux does not have a working audio out/SPDIF
- If your default BIOS setting "OS Selection" is set to [Windows] but [Linux] is desired, then run the following script and reboot the system
$ sudo ./fitlet2_alc1150_hda_patch.sh $ sudo reboot