Fitlet: BIOS Update
From fit-PC wiki
Revision as of 12:36, 14 February 2018 by Leonid
* BIOS update recommended in case the system is unstable, or required fixes have been released. * Incorrect BIOS update has a risk for system brick, therefore follow the guide step-by-step.
- Format the USB Flash Device (UFD) to FAT32 file system
- Download and extract the BIOS Updater Package
The package contains the following files:
- Copy the extracted files to the UFD
- Download and extract the fitlet BIOS file
- Copy the BIOS file to the UFD
- Connect the UFD to the target unit and power up
- Press the DEL key during the boot until the BIOS Setup appears
- Browse to the Save & Exit menu
- Click on the Launch EFI Shell from filesystem device option
- The system will boot to the EFI Shell, and after 4 seconds the automatic flash process will start.
Note: At the start of the process, the system will hang for 1 minute. This is expected behaviour. Please, don’t interrupt it.
- At the end of the flashing process, remove the UFD, type the command reset and press the Enter key