Linux Mint 13 on fit-PC2
From fit-PC wiki
Revision as of 13:18, 25 December 2012 by Gabrielh (Talk | contribs) (→Basic installation of Linux Mint 13)
This is a Linux Mint 13 MATE installation instructions on fitPC2/2i.
There is a new graphic driver available - EMGD 1.16 Intel® Embedded Media and Graphics Driver
- Better 2D, 3D (Visual Effects) support
- Hardware-accelerated MPlayer
- Hardware-accelerated FlashPlayer
Prepare installation media
- An USB DVD/CD-ROM drive or an USB Flash drive of at least 1GB should be used as an installation media source,
- Download Linux Mint 13 "Maya" - MATE (32-bit)"
- For installation with an USB DVD/CD-ROM - burn the downloaded image directly onto a blank DVD/CD media
- For installation with an USB Flash drive, please follow How to install Linux Mint via USB tutorial
Basic installation of Linux Mint 13
- Follow the standard Linux Mint installation procedure - choose timezone, partitions, username, password etc.
- Disconnect the installation media and reboot when prompted.
- Login using previously defined username and password.
Downgrade xserver-xorg to 1.9 version
- Create file /etc/apt/preferences.d/xorg.1.9.pref
Package: xorg xserver-xorg* Pin: release a=maverick-updates Pin-Priority: 1001
- Create file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/xorg.1.9.list
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ maverick-updates main restricted universe multiverse
- System update will do the downgrade
$ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Blacklist opensource psb_gfx drivers
- Edit /etc/default/grub, add "psb_gfx.dummy=1" to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT, it should look like this:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash psb_gfx.dummy=1"
- And then run
$ sudo update-grub2
Download and install emgd-dkms_1.16.3196.deb and emgd-bin_1.16.3196.deb
$ sudo dpkg -i emgd-bin_1.16.3196.deb emgd-dkms_1.16.3196.deb
- Reboot to complete the basic installation!
$ sudo apt-add-repository ppa:sander-vangrieken/vaapi $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install mplayer-vaapi
- You can run it from command line only!
$ mplayer /home/user/Videos/Terminator_Salvation_Trailer_H264_1920x800.flv
- Most files played fine but unfortunately there are still exceptions
- Download libflashplayer_2_0_05092012.so
$ sudo cp libflashplayer_2_0_05092012.so /opt/mint-flashplugin-11/libflashplayer.so
- Just open some HD video on youtube and it should be played well
- Users feedback is highly appreciated on our forum page