Tiny. Fanless. Extendable.
- AMD APU up to 1.65GHz dual core
- Dual-head Radeon HD graphics
- Low power consumption
- Ruggedized metal case
- Customizable FACE Module
fit-PC3 is designed around the AMD Embedded G-Series Fusion APU providing:
- Dual-core 64 bit x86 CPU @ 1.0–1.65 GHz
- AMD Radeon HD 6xxx GPU
For a miniature fanless system - fit-PC3 provides extremely powerful graphics features
- Dual-head DisplayPort (up to 2560x1600) and HDMI (up to 1920x1200) incl. audio
- HDMI 1.4 and stereo-3D support in fit-PC3 Pro
- DirectX 11, OpenGL 4.0, OpenCL
- 1080p Blu-Ray playback support, UVD 3 engine with native H.264, VC-1, MPEG2, and DivX
Low powerThe fit-PC product line is recognized as the most power efficient in its category and fit-PC3 is no exception.
The T40E model consumes just 7W at Windows 7 when idling, or up to 15W under full system load with dual head display. Each model’s consumption reflects the performance and efficiency of the corresponding APU.
Out-of-the-box fit-PC3 provides a set of interfaces unmatched by any computer of a similar size:
- Dual-head display HDMI + DisplayPort
- Digital 7.1 S/PDIF and analog 2.0 audio, both input and output
- Gigabit Ethernet
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n + BT combo with dual antennas
- 2 USB3 ports + 2 USB2 ports
- 2 eSATA ports
- Bay for 2.5” SATA HDD
- 2 mini-PCIe sockets / 1 mSATA
- Serial RS232 port
The front-facing panel of fit-PC3 can incorporate any custom functionality and I/O. We call it FACE Module (Function And Connectivity Extension Module).
- A FACE Module with 4 GbE ports and 6 USB ports for networking applications
- Combine GPIOs, ADCs, DACs and serial ports for instrumentation
- Add multiple frame-grabbers for a surveillance computer
- Enable the PC for cellular communication by adding an internal 3G or LTE modem.
The I/O brought to the FACE Module resembles extensibility of a desktop with 4 PCIe lanes, 6 USB2 ports, 25 GPIOs, 2 SATA ports, SMBus and LPC.
FACE Module is implemented by an internal extension-board and a simple sheet-metal panel. CompuLab is offering multiple FACE Modules and opens the interface with complete documentation and reference designs for other companies to design their own FACE Modules.
For additional information please refer to CompuLab FACE Modules.
Innovative thermal design
All fit-PCs are designed for fanless operation at the smallest possible form-factor using the most reliable cooling mechanism in existence – heat dissipation through the housing itself. fit-PC3 is no different, but it takes the thermal design a step further:
- Internal passive heat-spreader to eliminate hot-spots.
- Power regulation based on both CPU and case temperature monitoring. If case temperature exceeds a threshold the CPU is underclocked until temperature is back within permitted range. The threshold can be configured in BIOS.
Ruggedized industrial design
Each part of the metal housing of fit-PC3 is 3D modeled and produced by die-casting for perfect fit. The streamlined design under 1” thick may be misleading – but fit-PC3 is one of the toughest computers on the market – easily withstanding industrial, automotive and outdoors installations.
Embedded grade internals
CompuLab has been making embedded computer-on-modules for over 15 years. We know that using quality parts results in returning customers. All electronic components in fit-PC3 are embedded grade with long term availability and are RoHS compliant. The standard warranty on fit-PC3 is 2 years.
Model Part number CPU RAM Storage & O/S Wireless FACE Module Case Standard features fit-PC3 LP Barebone fit-PC3-D0-T40E-FM0 AMD G-T40E (6.4W)
1.0 GHz dual core
Radeon HD 6250
- Bay for 2.5" HDD
- - 16cm x 16cm x 2.5cm HDMI
fit-PC3 LP Diskless fit-PC3-D2x2-T40E-WB-FM4U 4GB (2GB DDR3
4 USB fit-PC3 Pro Barebone fit-PC3-D0-T56N-FM0 AMD G-T56N (18W)
1.65 GHz dual core
Radeon HD 6320
- Bay for 2.5" HDD
- - 16cm x 19cm x 4cm fit-PC3 Pro Diskless fit-PC3-D2x2-T56N-WB-FM4U 4GB (2GB DDR3
4 USB fit-PC3 Pro Linux fit-PC3-D2x2-T56N-WB-H250-XLM-FM4U HDD 250GB
w/ Linux Mint
fit-PC3 Pro Win7 fit-PC3-D2x2-T56N-WB-H250-X764-FM4U HDD 250GB
w/ Windows 7 Pro 64bit
Feature fit-PC3 LP fit-PC3 Pro Notes CPU AMD G-T40E
64 bit dual core
1 GHz 6.4W TDP
64 bit dual core
1.65 GHz 18W TDP
RAM Up to 8 GB, DDR3-1066, 64-bit (two SO-DIMM sockets) Configurable by user Storage Internal 2.5” hard disk, up to 6 Gbit/s Configurable by user mSATA up to 6 Gbit/s Configurable by user Two eSATA ports, up to 6 Gbit/s GPU Radeon HD 6250 Radeon HD 6320 Display HDMI 1.3a Up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz HDMI 1.4a Up to
1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
DisplayPort up to 1920 x 1200 at 60Hz DisplayPort up to 2560 x 1600
Audio Stereo line-out and stereo line-in 7.1 channel S/PDIF, (electrical through 3.5mm jack) Network 1000 BaseT Ethernet port 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, 2 antennas, 150 Mbit/s Optional half-size Mini
BT 3.0 USB Two USB 3.0 Two USB 2.0 Four USB 2.0 (*) When default FACE Module installed RS232 Partial modem controls, ultra mini serial connector Expansion Half-size mini-PCIe socket Normally used for wireless
Full-size mini-PCIe socket (*) (*) Shared with mSATA
CompuLab FACE Module See
Function And Connectivity Extension Module
Power supply Unregulated 10 to 16 volt input Power 7W – 15W 9W – 24W Depends on system load Operating
Models with HDD: 0C – 50C For extended temperature contact
Models with SSD: 0C – 70C Dimensions 16cm x 16cm x 2.5cm 19cm x 16cm x 4cm
fit-PC3 Block Diagram
To purchase fit-PC computers and accessories
Item Description 1 fit-PC3 computer 2 Power supply.
Input 100-240V AC 50/60Hz. Output 12V DC 3A. DC plug with locking mechanism. DC cord length - 150cm.
Attachable NA and EU prong-blades.
3 HDMI to DVI adapter 4 3.5mm to RCA cable for S/PDIF 5 2 WiFi antennas (in some models)